Tuesday, January 19, 2010

{ I can do everything... }

...through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Written by a man who knew what it was like to be beaten, stoned, chained, hungry, outcast, persecuted and taken to the edge of town and left for dead...and yet he counted his chains as pure joy because he could testify about the One who gave him strength and salvation! That's my hope for this year...not for the stones and chains per se...but that when they come, I will count them as pure joy. That I will relish in the hard times and bathe in the learning. That like Paul, I can/will learn the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or want (Philippians 4:12b)...whether I am a frustrated mama or tired wife...whether I know the game plan or am totally clueless...whether I have a slow business day or have too many clients to count in one day! I will learn to be content and praise the chains because they are there for a reason.

This was a weekend of firsts ~ Emma went out for her first big girl bike ride in the park...screaming "WOO HOO...Come on Poppy...one more time!" She could have been afraid; she could have been hesitant; she wasn't...she was fearless! She can do ALL things! That's what I pray she remembers throughout her life...to be fearless in her faith and life!

It was also a weekend of firsts for Audrey ~ first bath, first Dr visit and first big church service. That's where I was reminded by our totally cool but balding pastor that I can do all things, and where I was reminded what I want to instill in my children, my marriage, my business and my life. I may not HAVE it all, but I can DO it all! :)

So this year many decisions lie ahead. Some things I already know the answers to, some I don't. What I do know is that God provides so much more abundantly than I could ever dream if I leave it completely up to Him. So that's what I'm doing! This year will be about expressing my faith more...on this blog, in my photography, with my family and with my whole being. It will be about trusting more and second-guessing less; giving back to my family and the community; worrying more what God thinks about things than what others may think about me.

The desire of my heart for 2010 is that I grow and learn by leaps and bounds through my photography and that God will flourish my business and people will be blessed! I hope you will be a part of it...join me on the journey!

So no matter your struggle today...job, home, health...know that YOU can do all things!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be so much easier for me not to post anything and just be a proud mother.
But, I have to let you know how very much I love you and am proud of who you are.
Your goal this year is attainable, Because He Lives, because He gives you strength and the whole gammit. As you know, it will never be easy and some bumps are larger and harder than others. I remember the scripture I blessed you with when you were about to graduate high school --Philippians 1:3-6 --I am seeing the work He began in you grow and grow -- you are an awesome Christian woman and I am proud to call you daughter.

Mom

Tin Star Photography said...

Thank you...and I love you mom!
D

Caron said...

Dana,
You are an amazing, talented wife, mother and daughter-in-law. God has great plans for you.
I love you.
Caron

Copyright Tin Star Photography 2008-2010. Powered by Blogger.